Trade missions in Krasnoyarsk
One of the most promising directions of the Krasnoyarsk Fair Exhibition Company’s activity is organization of trade missions in Krasnoyarsk.
The purpose of a trade mission is the arrangement of negotiations between representatives of Russian business and academic communities, and potential foreign partners in order for the conclusion of foreign economic transactions focused on the development of bilateral economic relations between Russian and foreign entrepreneurs as well as on attracting investments and technologies into the national economy.
Foreign companies show a special interest for the Siberian region and a great mind to cooperation with local entrepreneurs. Such cooperation results in the development of the Krasnoyarsk business and getting to a new level – positive experience exchange is always mutually useful.
One of the most effective tools for business development within the framework of the trade mission is organization of Business Matchmaking Session. Business matchmaking is an opportunity to maximally realize company’s potential and to find new business partners, customers, and markets.
Business matchmaking between representatives of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy and nine industrial enterprises of Germany, and Krasnoyarsk authorities and business held within the framework of “Oil. Gas. Chemistry. Mining. Siberian Geo-forum” complex of exhibitions (March 12-14, 2014) was a great success.
The first meeting took place on March 11 as a part of the opening event focused on the regional economy and role of mining industry. Nikolay Khudykh, chairman of the Central-Siberian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Alexander Miller, representative of the Union of Manufacturers and Entrepreneurs of the Krasnoyarsk Region, Andrey Sharov, vice-chairman of the Krasnoyarsk regional division of the Russian Engineering Union presented the state of region’s industry to the German delegation and discussed the potential of cooperation with Germany.
On March 12 there were negotiations between Alexander Klimin, Minister of Industry and Trade, Dmitry Yekhanin, Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Ecology, Norbert Gerner, representative of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy of Germany, heads of leading industrial companies of the region, and others.
One of the events within the framework of the trade mission was business matchmaking “Machine building/ manufacturing of equipment” and “Mining”. German delegation comprised nine enterprises:
- Elektroschaltgeräte Meerane GmbH – expert designer and manufacturer of low-voltage equipment.
- PTFE Competence Center GmbH – flexible and quick-operated enterprise on plastics processing.
- KAUP GmbH & Co. KG – one of the major European manufacturers of attachments for forklift loaders, spreaders, and stationary handling machinery.
- EMG Automation GmbH – manufacturing of products for increasing of efficiency of all the production stages in metallurgical, paper, tire industries as well as in the area of plastic and film material manufacturing.
- LENWAY Import Export – carrying out of import export operations between Germany and Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and others in the following directions: import of lumber into Germany, supply of original spare parts for SKET equipment, manufacturing and recovery of reducing gear, clutches, gears, bearing parts, etc.
- Lincoln GmbH – manufacturing of original lubricating equipment for all industries.
- GTA Maschinensysteme GmbH – development and manufacturing of machinery for cavern excavation.
- SAE Schaltanlagenbau Erfurt GmbH – providing of services for distribution devices and control systems units.
- Marketing & Sales Heiko Vodel – establishing contacts with companies for the purpose of intermediary, order logistics and maintenance, and economic cooperation between Russian and German or European partners.
German representatives had set of the talks with Russian companies having participated in the exhibition and business matchmaking in order for establishment of new business contacts and conclusion of partnership contracts.
In general, all the representatives of the German delegation headed by Mr. Gerner, have mentioned a high level of production in the Krasnoyarsk region and high potential for cooperation.
On June 4, 2014 the trade mission of the Flanders region took place in the SIBERIA Expocentre. The meeting between major Belgian companies and Krasnoyarsk entrepreneurs was a great success. The Belgian delegation was headed by Alexander van Meeuwen, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Belgium in the Russian Federation.
The negotiations resulted in a number of potential business contacts. Edkham Akbulatov, the major of Krasnoyarsk, noticed that the Kingdom of Belgium plays a special role in the history of Krasnoyarsk development. “Last November Krasnoyarsk was chosen as a winner city to host the World student forum “Universiade-2019” in Brussels. This fact creates new tasks for us to make our city appropriate for an event of such a high level”, reminded the Major.
Alex van Meeuwen supported this idea: “Krasnoyarsk is our strategic partner. Many Belgian companies are interested in the experience exchange with Krasnoyarsk enterprises”.
According to him, Belgians are interested in cooperation in the area of health care, food industry, and aerospace sector.
A business matchmaking meeting between major Belgian enterprises and Krasnoyarsk entrepreneurs took place within the framework of the trade mission in the SIBERIA Expocentre.
Belgian delegation included representatives of 12 large companies:
- ABL – provider of logistics and transportation services interested in a new business partner and customer for cargo transportation to/from Siberia;
- Brighteye – developer of IT-solutions for production management and optimization, quality monitoring;
- C. Steinweg Belgium – provider of service for warehousing, cargo handling, forwarding, chartering, and other logistics solutions;
- V-Cons – designing and turnkey construction of slaughterhouses for cattle as well as for pig farming and ship raising;
- Van Hoorebeke Lawyers – wide range of legal services in the field of Belgian and European law;
- Barco – professional display systems (hardware and software) for aerospace sector, control panels, digital video and health care optimizing production processes and efficiency;
- Deliva – vacuum technology for cooking;
- Bel’Export – growing and export of fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Depicon – consulting and business development assistance for aerospace enterprises and organizations;
- Europower Generators – gas and diesel power stations with a capacity of 1 to 250 kVA, commercial and customer tailored;
- Flarus – leading supplier of equipment and solutions for the food industry;
- MAXX Intermodal Systems – organization of container transportation to Russia and CIS using own equipment including containers up to 45’ PWHC, refrigerated containers and truckbeds.
Representatives of 70 Krasnoyarsk companies took part in the meeting with Belgian colleagues.
Both sides remained very happy with the results of negotiations and considered a possibility of organization of return trade mission of Krasnoyarsk entrepreneurs to Belgium.
It is to be recalled that the meeting between Belgian and Krasnoyarsk businessmen took place on June 3-4, 2014 in SIBERIA International Exhibition and Business Center. The organizers of the event were Krasnoyarsk Fair Exhibition Company, Flanders Investment & Trade, and Flanders International Cooperation Agency.